05 saab 9-3 linear sport sedan

recently purchased two weeks ago, clock was flashing 12:00(note). shortly after leaving the dealer within 10 miles I stopped for a quick lunch, went out to start car and in the process goes through the check mode. this is the first time i encountered the ” stability control failure” message in the info center. I cleared the message and went on my way. Two days later this comes up on the info center and now stays. putting two and two together the dealer cleared the code by disconnecting the battery and resetting. ok, so took it to a shop to read the code and the general description is related to the YAW SENSOR. Curious how big of a project this can turn into if it is a sensor? The ABS works but the ESP now does not, but did when I test drove it. The dealer is willing to cover some of the cost for the repair to a certain point or my other option is give the car back for my trade or refund. In your professional opinion does this sound like an expensive fix? Thanks

1 thought on “05 saab 9-3 linear sport sedan”

1. From what research I have done, it could be as simple as your alignment being a little off. Like if you had hit something recently or let someone drive it when you weren’t with them… had new tires or rotation done since you picked it up? 8 out of 10 times it is just a bad alignment.

The Yaw Sensor, since you asked, is a fairly small part(sensor) that is held on by three screws and has only one electrical connection port. So not to labor intensive as for the part, if it needs it. I have seen them on Ebay for as little as $50 but I’m sure the dealer will work with you on this.

I wouldn’t think the dealer would charge you more than a couple hundred bucks to fix the issue no matter the cause. Be sure to ask for an written estimate from them before you agree to pay.

Comments are closed.