1981 Cadillac Eldorado 36bci 6.0 Liter

Hey Everyone. I am having a heck of a time getting my Eldorado to run right. I have a couple cracked vacuum hoses that I am replacing, which I am sure was a cause for some of my issues. However, I am concerned there are at least two issues that I have no idea how to fix. First is, there is a Green plug coming off the harness of the TPS. This 4 wire plug has 3 wires coming from the TPS to it, but the Green Plug itself is not plugged into anything and doesnt look like there is anywhere it would plug into. The wires themselves are short, so there isnt much room for this plug to go. Yet I can not find out where it goes, even if it does go anywhere.

Secondly, is my MAP sensor. I pulled the codes from the ECM and I had trouble code 34. Vacuum/MAP Sensor. I had the MAP sensor replaced and realized there was no vacuum line running to the MAP. I found the line coming from the back of the Throttle Body and traced it to where the previous owner had it running up into the top of the dash by the vents. Why? I do not know. When I re-ran the line to the MAP Sensor the car ran even worse. Barely staying running and running EXTREMELY rich. I know this line goes to the MAP. All vacuum diagrams say it does.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell could be going on?

Thank you all.

1 thought on “1981 Cadillac Eldorado 36bci 6.0 Liter”

1. Looking at the wiring diagram I only see 3 wires needed for the TPS. Most likely the green plug is not used.

Cadillac Eldorado wiring diagram

Hopefully after you replace the other vacuum lines it will take care of your issue. Below is the vacuum diagram I show for the 6.0L engine.

cadilllac vacuum diagram

Comments are closed.