Code P0182 2005 Kia Optima

2005 KIA OptimaMy 2005 Kia Optima LX 3.3l is giving me error code P0182. I have replaced the entire full pump which also had a new sensor on it. Then figured why not as I bought the car used for my daughter and wanted to replace fuel strainer as well. I can clear code by removing battery but after about 7miles driving it appears again. When I put my OBD on to read code it will show PENDING or COMPLETE. If PENDING within about 7 mins of engine just idling it will go to COMPLETE. What else can I look at to get this code to go away? I am wondering if it is stuck in the ECU to throw the code and if so how can I clear the ECU?

RESPONSE

The reference 5V in the PCM is supplied to the fuel temperature sensor via a resistor in the PCM. That resistor in the PCM and the thermister in the fuel temperature sensor are connected in series. When the resistance value of the thermister in the fuel temperature senor changes with variations ion the fuel tank temperature, the output voltage also changes. So there may be an issue with the PCM or more likely the the wiring. Look for damaged wiring, poor connections and or corrosion. The repair must be made before the code can be cleared.

If the fuel temperature sensor’s voltage is less than 0.1V after starting, the PCM determines that a fault exists and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored.

KIA Code P0182 – Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Input

KIA Code P0182 Description

The fuel tank temperature sensor is used to detect the fuel temperature inside the fuel tank. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the PCM. The modified signal returns to the PCM as the fuel temperature input. It uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases..

When is the code detected?
An excessively low voltage from the sensor is sent to ECM.

KIA Code P0182 Possible causes

– Poor Connection
– Short to Ground in Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit
– Faulty Fuel Temperature Sensor
– Faulty PCM
Fuel Temperature Sensor - Code P0182
  • Get Step By Step Diagnostic Procedures