Body control module issue 99 Camaro Z28 5.7L V8

1999 Chevy Camaro Z28Body control module issue

Started the car ran for 30 seconds turned off. Did this three times. Hit where the module is located security light went to a solid state nothing happened turning key. Hit again no security light nothing happened when turning key. If I replace the module do I need a reprogram or will it program itself to the key? A lot of forums said no programming but i want to make sure first.

Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration

Programming A New Body Control Module (BCM)

Important Any new body control module (BCM) will automatically program to the resistance of the key (or interrogator setting) being used at the first ignition ON cycle. This can only be done once for the life of the module.
A new BCM is not programmed. Before the system will function properly it must be programmed to the code that matches the customer’s keys.

• Install the new BCM.
  • Insert one of the customer’s keys into the ignition cylinder and turn it to the on position.
    Its good to start the engine at this time to verify system operation.
  • Observe the SECURITY indicator lamp for the following:

– The indicator lamp lights for approximately 5 seconds and then goes out. This indicates that the BCM is programmed properly.
– The indicator lamp flashes at a rate of one flash per second until the ignition is off. This indicates that the BCM did not program and the system components, wiring and contacts should be checked for a fault.