{"id":255,"date":"2009-10-18T13:33:20","date_gmt":"2009-10-18T18:33:20","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy\/"},"modified":"2009-10-18T17:12:11","modified_gmt":"2009-10-18T22:12:11","slug":"chevy","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy","title":{"rendered":"1998 CHEVY Oil Pump"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>OIL PUMP HELP 3.8 SERIES 2 WHEN DO I EXPECT TO GET OIL PRESSURE FROM NEW BUILD WHEN ENGINE IS TURNED OVER WITHOUT FIRING OR AFTER IT RUNS FOR A SEC. I HAVE NO PRESSURE NOW AND HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I KNOW TO DO. PUMP IS THE GEAR TYPE IN FRONT COVER. NO PRESSURE WITH MECHANICAL GAUGE, OR WITH SENDER OUT OR WITH SENDER IN. THE PAN IS FULL OF OIL. DONT WANT TO HURT THE ENGINE BY CRANKING DRY TO BUILD PRESSURE. BUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO&#8230;.PLEASE HELP DONE THIS A THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE BUT NEVER CHECKED THE PRESSURE BEFORE CRANKING AND LETTING THE ENGINE DO THE PRIMEING<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>OIL PUMP HELP 3.8 SERIES 2 WHEN DO I EXPECT TO GET OIL PRESSURE FROM NEW BUILD WHEN ENGINE IS TURNED OVER WITHOUT FIRING OR AFTER IT RUNS FOR A SEC. I HAVE NO PRESSURE NOW AND HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I KNOW TO DO. PUMP IS THE GEAR TYPE IN FRONT COVER. NO PRESSURE WITH&hellip;&nbsp;<a href=\"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy\" rel=\"bookmark\">Read More &raquo;<span class=\"screen-reader-text\">1998 CHEVY Oil Pump<\/span><\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":97,"featured_media":0,"comment_status":"open","ping_status":"open","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"neve_meta_sidebar":"","neve_meta_container":"","neve_meta_enable_content_width":"","neve_meta_content_width":0,"neve_meta_title_alignment":"","neve_meta_author_avatar":"","neve_post_elements_order":"","neve_meta_disable_header":"","neve_meta_disable_footer":"","neve_meta_disable_title":"","footnotes":""},"categories":[1,3],"tags":[10332],"class_list":["post-255","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","hentry","category-auto-repair-questions","category-chevy","tag-chevy"],"yoast_head":"<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast SEO Premium plugin v23.0 (Yoast SEO v28.1) - https:\/\/yoast.com\/product\/yoast-seo-premium-wordpress\/ -->\n<title>1998 CHEVY Oil Pump - FreeAutoMechanic Advice<\/title>\n<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"index, follow, max-snippet:-1, max-image-preview:large, max-video-preview:-1\" \/>\n<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"1998 CHEVY Oil Pump\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"OIL PUMP HELP 3.8 SERIES 2 WHEN DO I EXPECT TO GET OIL PRESSURE FROM NEW BUILD WHEN ENGINE IS TURNED OVER WITHOUT FIRING OR AFTER IT RUNS FOR A SEC. I HAVE NO PRESSURE NOW AND HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I KNOW TO DO. PUMP IS THE GEAR TYPE IN FRONT COVER. NO PRESSURE WITH&hellip;&nbsp;Read More &raquo;1998 CHEVY Oil Pump\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"FreeAutoMechanic Advice\" \/>\n<meta property=\"article:publisher\" content=\"https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/freeautomechanic\" \/>\n<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2009-10-18T18:33:20+00:00\" \/>\n<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2009-10-18T22:12:11+00:00\" \/>\n<meta name=\"author\" content=\"pdt81\" \/>\n<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n<meta name=\"twitter:label1\" content=\"Written by\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"twitter:data1\" content=\"pdt81\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"twitter:label2\" content=\"Est. reading time\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"twitter:data2\" content=\"1 minute\" \/>\n<!-- \/ Yoast SEO Premium plugin. -->","yoast_head_json":{"title":"1998 CHEVY Oil Pump - FreeAutoMechanic Advice","robots":{"index":"index","follow":"follow","max-snippet":"max-snippet:-1","max-image-preview":"max-image-preview:large","max-video-preview":"max-video-preview:-1"},"canonical":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy","og_locale":"en_US","og_type":"article","og_title":"1998 CHEVY Oil Pump","og_description":"OIL PUMP HELP 3.8 SERIES 2 WHEN DO I EXPECT TO GET OIL PRESSURE FROM NEW BUILD WHEN ENGINE IS TURNED OVER WITHOUT FIRING OR AFTER IT RUNS FOR A SEC. I HAVE NO PRESSURE NOW AND HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I KNOW TO DO. PUMP IS THE GEAR TYPE IN FRONT COVER. NO PRESSURE WITH&hellip;&nbsp;Read More &raquo;1998 CHEVY Oil Pump","og_url":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy","og_site_name":"FreeAutoMechanic Advice","article_publisher":"https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/freeautomechanic","article_published_time":"2009-10-18T18:33:20+00:00","article_modified_time":"2009-10-18T22:12:11+00:00","author":"pdt81","twitter_card":"summary_large_image","twitter_misc":{"Written by":"pdt81","Est. reading time":"1 minute"},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"Article","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy#article","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy"},"author":{"name":"pdt81","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#\/schema\/person\/9bd0f16bb52398bda75b4f078068cdbd"},"headline":"1998 CHEVY Oil Pump","datePublished":"2009-10-18T18:33:20+00:00","dateModified":"2009-10-18T22:12:11+00:00","mainEntityOfPage":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy"},"wordCount":112,"commentCount":1,"publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#organization"},"keywords":["Chevy"],"articleSection":["Auto Repair Questions","Chevy"],"inLanguage":"en-US","potentialAction":[{"@type":"CommentAction","name":"Comment","target":["https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy#respond"]}]},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy","url":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy","name":"1998 CHEVY Oil Pump - FreeAutoMechanic Advice","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#website"},"datePublished":"2009-10-18T18:33:20+00:00","dateModified":"2009-10-18T22:12:11+00:00","breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy#breadcrumb"},"inLanguage":"en-US","potentialAction":[{"@type":"ReadAction","target":["https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy"]}]},{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/2009\/10\/chevy#breadcrumb","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/"},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"name":"1998 CHEVY Oil Pump"}]},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/","name":"FreeAutoMechanic Advice","description":"Ask a Car Mechanic Questions for Free","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#organization"},"potentialAction":[{"@type":"SearchAction","target":{"@type":"EntryPoint","urlTemplate":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/?s={search_term_string}"},"query-input":{"@type":"PropertyValueSpecification","valueRequired":true,"valueName":"search_term_string"}}],"inLanguage":"en-US"},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#organization","name":"FreeAutoMechanic Advice","url":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/","logo":{"@type":"ImageObject","inLanguage":"en-US","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#\/schema\/logo\/image\/","url":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-content\/uploads\/2020\/06\/cropped-auto_repair_questions.jpg","contentUrl":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-content\/uploads\/2020\/06\/cropped-auto_repair_questions.jpg","width":250,"height":81,"caption":"FreeAutoMechanic Advice"},"image":{"@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#\/schema\/logo\/image\/"},"sameAs":["https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/freeautomechanic","https:\/\/www.youtube.com\/freeautomechanic"]},{"@type":"Person","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/#\/schema\/person\/9bd0f16bb52398bda75b4f078068cdbd","name":"pdt81","image":{"@type":"ImageObject","inLanguage":"en-US","@id":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-content\/litespeed\/avatar\/d8928c278a3b0cf8307fb457c2a1ed3e.jpg","url":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-content\/litespeed\/avatar\/d8928c278a3b0cf8307fb457c2a1ed3e.jpg","contentUrl":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-content\/litespeed\/avatar\/d8928c278a3b0cf8307fb457c2a1ed3e.jpg","caption":"pdt81"},"url":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/author\/pdt81"}]}},"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/255","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/97"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=255"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/255\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=255"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=255"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.freeautomechanic.com\/mechanic\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=255"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}