4 Ways to make your Buick last longer

Buick LesabreMy 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited is at the 190k mark. I change my oil religiously but have only had the car six years. I am on top of the brakes and suspension. But I am 60 years old and don’t want to invest in another car. What do I need to do to keep this thing on the road as long as possible? What more can I anticipate needing repair imminently. TY

RESPONSE

4 Ways to make your Buick last longer

Proper Maintenance

It can be difficult to anticipate car problems. Following the scheduled maintenance listed in the car owners manual is a good place to start. You can inspect your car every time you enter it, or on a daily or weekly basis or at intervals specified in the manual. Typically Buick is a top of the line quality vehicle. Although age and weather have a certain effect on just about all vehicles. If you drive in snowy conditions wear road salt is used you can anticipate parts rusting out. Some of these parts can be brake lines, mounts and exhaust, etc.

Fluid Levels

Its great that you understand the importance of keeping up with your vehicle. Changing the oil is wonderful. However checking the oil level and keeping it at the proper level is equally important. You may not need to check the level everyday but doing so frequently to determine how often you will need to add some oil is important.

Battery and Tires

The battery typically lasts about 4 years so anytime after that is a bonus. Tires wear and are one of the most important parts of the car. They assist in stopping, traction and steering. Rotate them about every 7 thousand miles and replace when the tread is less than 3/32 of an inch.

Smells and Noises

Anything out of the ordinary is an indicator that something may be wearing out. Just paying attention to any changes when driving the car is key. If you notice something, get it checked out. It is better safe than sorry.

These 4 ways to make your Buick last longer should help even the most novice car enthusiast.