2006 Suzuki Reno

2006 Suzuki Reno
I recently rebuilt the engine in my 2006 Suzuki Reno. And after I reinstalled the engine it ran fine. Now I have problems with the transmission. I didn’t do anything to the transmission but disconnect from the engine. Before I took it off the jack stands I made sure the drive wheel (left front) operated in drive and reverse however the right front would not turn. With the car in neutral the left wheel turns with some effort but the right wheel will not turn at all. Also with the car still on the stands when I shift the transmission from drive to neutral the left wheel stops turning almost immediately.

RESPONSE

I would suspect that maybe the placement of the jack stands have the axle shafts hanging lower than normal. Try placing the jack stands under the control arms. Also look for anything that may have got in the way and is now binding the axle shaft. Look for that screw driver you dropped or wrench. You get the idea.

If that all checks out, confirm the brake caliper is not locked up on that side. This occurs often when a vehicle has been setting for a while. Remove the brake caliper and see if it will move.

Keywords: