My drivers side window is the only window that I can roll up and down.…
starts but will not stay running
If it will not stay running unless you hold your foot on the pedal, the most likely cause would be a sticking IAC – Idle Air Control Valve.
If the check engine light is on, by all means get the codes pulled and post them below.
Idle Air Control Valve Replacement
- Remove the throttle control cable bracket from the throttle body. Refer to Accelerator Control Cable Bracket Replacement .
- Remove the canister purge valve. Refer to Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Replacement .
- Disconnect the idle air control (IAC) electrical connector.
- Remove the idle air control valve attaching screws.
- Remove the idle air control valve.
- Remove the idle air control valve O-ring.
- Install the new idle air control O-ring.
- Install the idle air control valve into the throttle body.
Caution! Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the idle air control valve attaching screws.
Tighten the screws to 3 N·m (27 lb in).
- Connect the IAC electrical connector.
- Install the canister purge valve. Refer to Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Replacement .
- Install the throttle control cable bracket. Refer to Accelerator Control Cable Bracket Replacement .
- The powertrain control module (PCM) will reset the idle air control valve whenever the ignition is turned ON, then OFF. Turn ON the ignition, then OFF.
- Start the engine and allow the engine to reach operating temperature.