Didn't drive it much then when I went to start it the engine turned over…
When trying to get the car inspected was told the diagnostic plug in was not working. They were using a machine that powered off of my battery. I was told to go somewhere that the diagnostic machine had it’s own battery. Is this possible? This was in Austin, Texas
Most likely your ROOM Fuse (15amp) is blown. This would make the diagnostic plug unable to read it. They may also have a bad machine and had nothing to do with your vehicle or your vehicles Data Link Connector. Some auto repair shops just don’t spend the money on good equipment and have to refer you to another shop that has better equipment.