2008 GMC 5.3 sierra shifts but won't engage into gear at all. Like the trans…
The air conditioning compressor froze up and can’t afford to fix it right now. How can I drive it without the loud noise or hurt it?
Remove the Air Conditioning belt.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Install a ratchet into the air conditioning (A/C) belt tensioner adapter opening.
- Rotate the A/C belt tensioner clockwise in order to relieve tension on the A/C belt.
- Remove the A/C belt from the pulleys.
- Slowly release the tension on the A/C belt tensioner.
- Remove the ratchet from the A/C belt tensioner.