2008 GMC 5.3 sierra shifts but won't engage into gear at all. Like the trans isn't going into gear cause its not receveing a signal to do so....
The air conditioning compressor froze up and can’t afford to fix it right now. How can I drive it without the loud noise or hurt it?
Remove the Air Conditioning belt.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Install a ratchet into the air conditioning (A/C) belt tensioner adapter opening.
- Rotate the A/C belt tensioner clockwise in order to relieve tension on the A/C belt.
- Remove the A/C belt from the pulleys.
- Slowly release the tension on the A/C belt tensioner.
- Remove the ratchet from the A/C belt tensioner.