1999 Chevy C1500 Suburban transmission went out

Chevy SuburbanTransmission Went Out

I upgraded from 28.9 in tire to 32.4 in tires. a week later transmission went out, what should I change to relieve strain on trans
I upgraded from 28.9 in tire to 32.4 in tires. a week later transmission went out (band went out). Had it rebuilt and then 3 weeks later it over heats and burns up 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear (transmission shop said they don’t know why it over heated, I think there was a leak though). Are the larger tires directly related to my transmission issues and if so, should I re-gear the rear end to take stress off the tranny or upgrade the torque converter? Truck is currently stock with L60e transmission. 2wd. I have noticed that i lost quite a bit of acceleration on take off, like im riding the brakes. truck almost struggles to take off. So I’m not sure if the tires alone will make that big of a difference or if something else is wrong too. Stock rims 15 in alloy with 28.9 in tires, new rims 20 in with 32.4 in tires. the width on the new tires is more too, can’t remember how much though. My car has 278000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

Tire size is not the cause of the transmission issue. Overheating the transmission is the cause. You may need to check your factory fan shroud. Check the cooling fan. You may need to replace or install a cooling fan.

Replacing the rear differential gears would give you a quicker tack off if you wanted to stick with the bigger tires.

Keywords: