I have a lot of brake dust on rims, we have replaced calipers, brake pads,…
My Electronic Throttle Control light is blinking on my 2012 Dodge Avenger. What does this mean?
Electronic Throttle Control light is blinking
Since the light is blinking it would indicate a serious problem and also indicate a code has been stored. It sounds like a problem with either the APP, Throttle Body, PCM or wiring. (APP is Accelerator Pedal Position sensor, it’s part of the accelerator pedal assembly, serviced as an assembly with the pedal). Probably do need to get it scanned at a dealership to see what codes are popping up. Therefore the next best course of action would be to pull the codes and proceed from there.
Electronic Throttle Body Removal
Never have the ignition key in the ON position when checking the throttle body shaft for a binding condition. This may set DTC’s.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the resonator.
- Disconnect the electrical connector (1) from the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) (2) and disengage the ETC harness from the clip (4) on the throttle body.
- Remove four throttle body mounting bolts (3).
- Remove the throttle body from the upper intake manifold.
- Check the condition of the throttle body-to-intake manifold seal. The seal can be reused if not damaged.