I just bought this car and it will not idle. It runs down the road but when you let off the gas it dies.
The check engine lite was on and indicated multiple cylinder misfire. I cleared the code and while the lite has not returned the problem persists.
Some times it takes a while for a light to return where misfires are concerned. This is because the engine requires a misfire to occur a certain number of times inside a set amount of time in order to set a code. I would guess a vacuum leak of some kind. If you have the exact trouble codes feel free to post them in the comments.
VW Code P0300 – Random Cylinder Misfire Detected
VW Code P0300 Probable Causes
- Faulty spark plug (s)
- Faulty ignition coil (s)
- Clogged or faulty fuel injector (s)
- Intake air leak
- Fuel injectors harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Injectors circuit poor electrical connection
- Ignition coils harness is open or shorted
- Ignition coils circuit poor electrical connection
- Insufficient cylinders compression
- Incorrect fuel pressure