My Suburban wasn’t starting so I changed the Distributor and Rotor. It started but it runs at 4,000 RPM’s. I put a code scanner on it and got a P0102 code so I used Mass Air Flow Cleaner on it and tried again. Same thing, 4,000 RPM’s but no codes this time. Can you give me an answer because I’m stumped! I looked at the throttle spring and it seems to snap back OK, please help. It is a 1996 GMC Suburban 4×4 4 door Automatic with a 5.7 liter engine.
The engine running with a high idle is a classic description of a vacuum leak.
Chevy Code P0102
Mass Or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low Input
- Sensor or solenoid faulty
- Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
- Wire harness – Check harness for correct voltage, open, short to ground or short to voltage
- Update control unit software – Check for the latest control unit update
- Powertrain or Engine Control Module faulty
- Battery voltage low