Hub bearing installation gone wrong 2006 Ford Explorer

Ford Explorer

I just pressed a new rear bearing and hub. Now my rotor wont go on. When I line up the holes with the lugs, it hits on one of the arms that the caliper mounts to.

Hub bearing installation problem

My first thought would be that the NEW hub is different from the old hub. Did you look at them side by side and make certain they matched? This should be done prier to installation. Was the NEW hub pressed in further than the old one? Is this the same rotor that was on the vehicle before? If so, it should fit just fine unless there is an issue with the NEW hub.

Rear Hub Bearing Replacement

rear hub bearing replacement

Removal and Installation

CAUTION: Suspension fasteners are critical parts because they affect performance of vital parts and systems and their failure can result in major service expense. A new part with the same part number must be installed if installation becomes necessary. Do not use a replacement part of lesser quality or substitute design. Torque values must be used as specified during reassembly to make sure of correct retention of these parts.
1.Remove the wheel knuckle.
2.Remove the 3 brake disc shield bolts. •To install, tighten to 8 Nm (71 lb-in).

hub bearing press diagram

3.Using the special tool and a suitable press, remove the wheel hub.
4.Remove the snap ring.
5.Using a suitable press and adapters, remove the wheel bearing.
6.To install, reverse the removal procedure.
7.Install the wheel knuckle.