Should I trade my truck for a Toyota Camry?

Toyota Camry

So I’m thinking about trading my truck for a 2005 Toyota Camry. But it has 2446xxx miles and I was told your never supposed to buy a car over 200xxx miles. So I’m not sure if I should go through with it or not.

Should I trade my truck?

There are many reasons to consider. Can you use the car the same as the truck, NO. Do you need to be able to haul stuff around? Do you have a child on the way that will require the use of a back seat of a car? Was your goal in life  to end up with a car with that many miles on it?  Could you possibly sell the Camry for more money than your beat up truck? Are you able to work on cars that need repairing often. Why is the owner of the Camry so eager to trade for your vehicle?

I have personally purchased a vehicle with 220,000 miles on it and drove it for going on two years now. I needed a truck so I bought one. That being said, I am a mechanic and knew going in that I would have to work on it often. And I have.  Intake gaskets, air conditioning compressor, brake lines, brake pads and the list goes on. But for myself it has been a useful tool.

You didn’t mention how many miles your truck has on it or what kind so it is difficult to compare there monetary valve.

Was your goal to find this particular Camry, probably not. I would think if you want a car, you might consider selling your truck out right and buying the car you really want.