Nissan Code P0101 Mass Air Flow Sensor

Nissan Versa

My 2012 Nissan Versa currently has issues accelerating and when I make a stop the car refuses to move again. The code p0101 showed up so I tried cleaning the mass airflow filter, but I’ve seen very little improvement after a day. What are the next steps I should take to fix the issue?

Nissan Code P0101

Mass or Volume Air Flow Sensor ‘A’ Circuit Range/Performance

Code P0101 Description

The mass air flow sensor (1) is placed in the stream of intake air. It measures the intake flow rate by measuring a part of the entire intake flow. The mass air flow sensor controls the temperature of the hot wire to a certain amount. The heat generated by the hot wire is reduced as the intake air flows around it. The more air, the greater the heat loss.

2012 Nissan MAF Sensor

Therefore, the electric current supplied to the hot wire is changed to maintain the temperature of the hot wire as air flow increases. The ECM detects the air flow by means of current change.

Nissan Code P0101 Possible Causes

A) A High Voltage from the sensor is sent to the ECM under light load driving conditions

• Harness or connectors (Mass air flow sensor circuit is open or shorted.)
  • Mass air flow sensor
  • EVAP control system pressure sensor
  • Intake air temperature sensor

B) A Low Voltage from the sensor is sent to the ECM under Heavy load driving conditions

• Harness or connectors (Mass air flow sensor circuit is open or shorted.)
  • Intake air leaks
  • Mass air flow sensor
  • EVAP control system pressure sensor
  • Intake air temperature sensor
Check for Cracks in the Air Intake – see Video