SRS Air Bag Control Module Location and replacement 2011 Cadillac SRX

2011-cadillac-srx

I need to find the srs control module. I removed the bottom (carpeted) console panel on the driver’s side and it did not look like what I had expected and I did not see the airbag control module. Can someone point me to it and suggest best procedure to remove?

SRS Control Module Location Chart

Look to #5 for location description. look below for programming the control module.

2011-cadillac-srx-air-bag-module-location-diagram

Air Bag Control Module R&R

1. Disarm air bag system as outlined under “Air Bag System Disarming & Arming.”
  2. Disconnect left and right front seat belts from tensioners.
  3. Remove left and right front seat adjuster track finish covers.
  4. Adjust front seat forward to gain access to rear bolts, then remove rear seat bolts.
  5. Disconnect left and right seat electrical connectors, then remove front seats.
  6. Remove left and right floor console extension assemblies, Fig. 1.
  7. Remove left and right floor console cover trim plates.
  8. Remove left and right instrument panel lower trim panel attaching screws, then trim panels from console, Figs. 2 and 3.
  9. Disconnect automatic transmission control cable, Fig. 4.
  10. Remove floor console mounting bolts, then floor console, Fig. 5.
  11. Disconnect air bag control module wiring harness connector.
  12. Remove mounting bolts and air bag control module.
  13. Reverse procedure to install. Ensure air bag control module arrow is pointing toward front of vehicle.

Get a complete copy of the manual with images included – Online Auto Repair Manuals

Air Bag Control Module Programming

1. Connect a suitably programmed scan tool to DLC.
  2. Access Service Programming System (SPS) and follow on screen instructions.
  3. On SPS Supported Controllers screen, select Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module Programming and Setup and follow on screen instructions.
  4. At end of programming, choose Clear All DTCs function on SPS screen.