Car dies randomly at slow speeds 1997 Ford Taurus

Ford Taurus

I have a 1997 Ford Taurus GL. Recently, Car dies randomly….so far when just at low speeds & when turning steering wheel to left just a little bit. In panic, even with the car in drive, I turn the key and it starts again. What could that be?

I took it to the mechanic & no OBD codes were found.

Alternator is good & Battery is brand new with clean tight connections. All ground cables going from engine to battery have been cleaned.

NB: it was about a year ago that i posted that. i had no work done to the car it haa not stalled or done that since. Why do u think that is?

I would have to say if it hasn’t done it since would be a good description of a glitch. Yes, just a glitch if it doesn’t reoccur. Might have been the IAC sticking and then becoming unstuck.

If your vehicle is equipped with a tachometer you may take note of your idle RPM. Adjust if needed.

ENGINE IDLE SPEEDS (FUEL INJECTED)

Specifications
TransmissionAuto-Trans Gear for IdleIdle Checking Speed (Min-Max) RPMIdle Setting Speed (Min-Max) RPMAir Conditioning Speed-Up Idle Speed (Min-Max) RPMElectrical Load Speed-Up Idle Speed (Min-Max) RPMFast Idle Speed (Min-Max) RPMFootnote
Auto TransmissionNeutral875 – 925(1)
Footnotes
Note-IDDescription
1If throttle return screw does not contact throttle linkage arm lever, place a .002 inch feeler gauge between the two. Tighten the screw until contact is made. Remove the gauge and turn screw clockwise an additional 1/2 turn.