Vehicle sat for 3 months. Upon return, jump started vehicle, let it run for 3 hours. Continually started well for the day.
Now, when sitting overnight, vehicle must be jump started once, then will start for the day.
But overnight, vehicle will need another jump start…..
Put a new battery in it and make sure to clean the connections when you do. This should take care of your issue. *Note – each time you jump start a battery in a vehicle it weakens that battery. So I would replace the battery sooner than later.
BATTERY CABLE TERMINAL END SERVICE
Caution: Use protective gloves and eye protection.
Caution: Perform procedure in a well ventilated area.
Caution: Refer to cautions and warnings listed on battery.
Caution: Do not allow baking soda solution to enter vent holes, as damage to battery can result.
- Remove battery from vehicle, as required.
- Clean top of battery (3) with a solution of warm water and baking soda (2), Fig. 1.
- Apply soda solution (2) with a bristle brush (1) and allow to soak until acid deposits loosen, Fig. 1.
- Rinse soda solution from battery with clear water and blot battery dry with paper toweling. Dispose of toweling in a safe manner.
- Inspect battery case and cover for cracks, leakage or damaged hold down ledge. Replace battery if any damage is evident.
- Inspect battery tray for damage caused by acid from battery. If acid is present, clean area with baking soda solution.
- Clean battery posts with a battery post cleaning tool (1), Fig. 2.
- Clean battery cable clamps (2) with a battery terminal cleaning tool (1), Fig. 3.
- Replace cables that are frayed or have broken clamps.
- Install battery into vehicle, as required.