MY WARNING LIGHTS COME ON AND STAY ON AND GAS GAUGE NOT WORKING CORRECTLY.
Gas gauge is separate issue from the dash lights staying on when it comes to your Buick. The most common reason the gas gauge does not work is from a faulty sending unit. The fuel level sending unit is located on the side of the fuel pump module assembly. And of course the fuel pump module is located inside the gas tank itself.
As for the warning lights. I would need to know which ones. The Check engine light will require a scantool to pull the codes.
I did come across some Technical Service Bulletins regarding the seat belt warning lights but not much else.
How to Replace Fuel Pump 2001 Buick Century
- Relieve fuel system pressure as outlined under Fuel Pressure Relief
- Remove spare tire cover, jack and spare tire.
- Next Remove trunk liner.
- Remove seven fuel sender access panel retaining nuts, then the access panel.
- Remove fuel tank pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Then Remove fuel sender electrical connector.
- Remove quick connect fittings at fuel sender.
- Remove fuel sender retaining snap ring, then the modular fuel sender assembly.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Install new fuel sender assembly O-ring.
b. Torque fuel sender access panel nuts to 96 inch lbs.