Nissan Sentra Dies While Driving

hi.i have a nissan sentra b13 with a b14 engine…the car has started cutting off on me at unpredictable times , sometimes when im driving or even when im idling in traffic…. it happens out of the blue.  it starts back after easily i may have to press some gas but not always .. it will cut off today and not again for  a couple weeks ..it may give a brief bad idle before it does but thats it. i have checked the pump, gas filter,air filter, throttle body, gas regulator and injecters… all are goood even my mechanic is confused  plea

se HELP!!!!!!

i also failed to mention that the last time it happened the car was idling in the yard and the bad idling started suddenly but it didnt cut off and i noticed puffs of black smoke coming out the exhaust [the car doesnt normally smoke so i found that strange] ….any other guesses?

4 thoughts on “Nissan Sentra Dies While Driving”

1. I can only offer up a suggestion of checking all ground wires. It might also be a possible short in your wiring.

Reminds me of a wire that has broken or is ready to break ….once it broke it would re-connect once the wire cooled down from being over powered… since all other strains of the wire broke.

The wire cools down, re-connects and kind of arch welds itself back together with a spark.This would last until that strand of wire gets to hot.It would constantly do this over and over at random times.

Just a suggestion to check…not sure though

2. It may be helpful to know the Year of this vehicle.

Off the top of my head I am thinking crank position sensor for an OBD II or Ignitor sensor(cam sensor in the ditributor) for an OBD I system.

I think What Ace recommended is definately worth a look since it has obviously had an engine swap done.

3. thanks for those comments… but i also failed to mention that the last time it happened the car was idling in the yard and the bad idling started suddenly but it didnt cut off and i noticed puffs of black smoke coming out the exhaust [the car doesnt normally smoke so i found that strange] ….any other guesses?

4. to all who assisted thank you…… i want to let u know i sorted the problem out eventually…….when i changed the engine the electrician who wired it didnt do a proper job apparantly …the harness supposed to have a protective rubber sleeve and that wasnt there and the wires rubbed against some part and was grounding randomly which was causing the car to cut offf ,….so thank u very much for your assistance

Comments are closed.