jeep liberty rear end truth please…

jeep liberty

Have you heard of blowing your rear end due to  driving with a different tire. I had put my spare tire on 3 days earlier due to a flat that could not be repaired, the  spare was an all season, other 3 are mud and snow. The wheel base was the same, just 1.5 inches difference to wear and tare on tires and different type. (I was waiting for a replacement tire that was on order.) The mechanic at chrysler is telling me this is the reason the back end went. (Too top it off, my mileage is at 102,000 and the warranty was to 100,000.)

Now that i have my new tire, the mechanic says  it is still 1/2 larger and the other tires should be replaced . Is it possible to  blow the rear end again?…or is the mechanic covering his warranty by telling me this is the cause of the rear diff major damage…r/r complete assembly replaced.

1 thought on “jeep liberty rear end truth please…”

1. Freeautomechanic

3 days of driving should matter that much unless you drive hundreds of miles each day. And with one being a spare, I doubt you did.

Anything over 100,000 miles should not be covered under warranty. This is why the warranty is not stated as covered until 105,000 miles. There has to be a point that the coverage is stopped and you have exceeded it. Just bad timing on your part.

The rear end was probably on its way out to begin with and you just finished it off. It is not a good practice to run different size tires all the time as it can cause some premature damage over a long period.

As for the 1 new tire and the rest worn. This should not void the warranty on the rear end, nor will it damage the rear end. Tires wear… that’s what they do.

Comments are closed.