1993 mustang 5.0

I have a 1993 5.o mustang that i’m having a problem with…it will start fine in the morning without a problem, but  when  i drive  it  a distance for instance a mile and turn it off  it won’t  turn on.  I  have to let it  cool down then it wll start with no problem  only when it’s hot it drags  like if  battery is low……

HELP

Keywords:

4 thoughts on “1993 mustang 5.0”

1. A couple of things come to mind.

If you have aftermarket header, the starter can get too hot and needs a heat shield.

The IAC could be sticking and need replaced.

The ignition timing is too far advanced and needs to be set correctly.

Is this a stock engine?

2. 347 Strokers are great, I have one in my ’95 Mustang. I’m sure you have already increased your fuel pressure and such so i won’t get into that….

If you have moved the battery to the trunk, you need to double the cable size to handle the load. If you have not, make sure the cables have good clean connections and no corrosion at all. Make sure your timing than 14 degrees with a stock cam.

A good test would be to set your timing at 10 degrees (stock setting) and see if it still has a hard time cranking over when warm…. if it still does, you may just need to throw in a new battery(tell me it aint an Autozone battery) or Starter.

3. yes it is an auto zone battery i just had the emissions done it took me it passed but only after the 3 etemped i wiil check for the heat shield and timing …..

Comments are closed.