I have a 1981 Corvette, I have just put a new crate motor in the car. I have REMOVED the computer and because of this I had to change the carburator and distributor. here is a list on the motor parts:
350 cubic inches 4.00″ Bore, 3.47″ stroke
8.5:1 compression ratio
300 HP @ 5200 RPM
368 ft. lbs of torque @ 3700 RPM
Engine Consists of the following parts:
- Block- part# 10066034, casting# 10066036
- 2 piece rear mail seal 4 bolt main
- Crankshaft -part# 93426651, Nodular Iron 1985 and
older flywheel bolt pattern
- powdered metal Connecting rods- part# 10108688
- Cast Aluminum pistons- part# 93422884
- G.M. High Volume pump, oil pump part# 12555284
- Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft, Intake Lift-.443″
Exhaust Lift-.465″ Intake duration @ .050 ” -214 Exhaust duration @
.050″-224, lobe seperation-112. This can has a mechanical fuel pump lobe.
- Edelbrock performer EPS intake manifold ( Which I
removed and put on the intake from the original motor)
- Cylinder heads- part # 93438649, 1.94″ intake
valve, 1.50″ exhaust valve, 76cc Combustion Chamber, 7 bolt style
exhaust flange standard, 1985 and prior intake manifold pattern.
Permeter bolt style Valve Covers. This head is very similar to the old
#882 castings from the 1970’s.
Here is what I am looking for: Suggested initial timing, rate of advance and total timing. The car now has a Q-jet 750 Stage 2 carburator. It has an automatic transmission. Can you PLEASE help me with this information. Thank you very much.