1994 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible Top Replacement

I’m considering replacing the convertible top on my 1994 Chrysler Lebaron. It may be the original and it has a couple of leaks. I’m concerned because the last time I put the top down it went down smoothly but when I went to put it back up it momentarily hung up on one side and then closed, but not evenly. The right side, the side that hung up, took a lot of effort to close completely even after taking the adjustment out of the hook by unscrewing it as much as possible.

Here’s my question: If I decide to get it replaced will the convertible top installer take care of lubricating the frame on which the top is mounted (I think that may be all it needs) or otherwise repair it or, is a new frame included with a new top? Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area as I have never replaced a top before. My fear is that in the process of putting the top down and up to show someone for the purpose of estimating the work to be done the top will freeze up partially, rendering the vehicle undriveable. It’s the only vehicle I have.

1 thought on “1994 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible Top Replacement”

1. Sounds like it is need of repair anyway no matter the reason. Ask the installer if they can repair it when replacing the top, each shop is different and you will need to specify what you want from them before anyone can know if they can accommodate you. Explain to them the same as you did here and they should be able to decide if they are willing to work with you.

Comments are closed.