2005 Chevy Avalanche will spin but not crank

I have a 2005 chevy avalanche that I just bought this past tuesday.  When I test drove it it cranked fine.  After I signed the paperwork to purchase it and got ready to leave the gas light was on due to low fuel.  It acted a little hesitant about starting and i figured it was because of low fuel.  went straight to the gas station and put $30 gas in it.  when i got ready to leave the gas station it still acted hesitant about cranking.  it would spin over but acted like it didn’t want to crank.  on my way to another town to pay a bill the check engine light came on.  took it by auto zone and the computer said it was a knock sensor.  got ready to leave and it spun and spun and spun and finally turned over.  went back to the dealer i had just bought it from. they put it on their computer and got the same reading (a knock sensor) they replaced the sensor.  got in the vehicle and drove it home.  went to leave home and same problem vehicle would spin, spin, spin and not want to crank.  you could turn the key off and on several times in a row trying to crank it and it would finally crank.  every time you drive it it takes longer and longer for it to finally crank..  Any suggestions.  I’m so frustrated…..

1 thought on “2005 Chevy Avalanche will spin but not crank”

1. Sounds like a fresh set of spark plugs and some good gas(higher Octane) should help clear it up. Also if you could post the exact computer code it may be helpful.

P0325 – Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

Possible causes
    – Knock sensor circuit short to ground
    – Knock sensor circuit short to power
    – Knock sensor circuit open
    – Faulty knock sensor
    – Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

Tech notes
    Replacing the knock sensor usually takes care of the problem.

When is the code detected?
    When an excessively low or high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM)

Symptoms
    – Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
    – Lack/Loss of Power

P0325 Description
    The knock sensor is attached to the cylinder block. It senses engine knocking using a piezoelectric element. A knocking vibration from the cylinder block is sensed as vibrational pressure. This pressure is converted into a voltage signal and sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM).

Comments are closed.