2002 chevy impala

Recently got an oil change now my oil pan gasket is damaged could they have damaged it changing my oil?

4 thoughts on “2002 chevy impala”

1. Not likely. There is no reason for a mechanic to touch the oil pan during an oil change. If the oil filter is located above the oil pan, there is a chance that oil was spilled during the oil change and wasn’t properly cleaned up and may only appear that the oil pan is leaking. fluid travels down hill, so I would inspect above the oil pan gasket area to make sure this isn’t the case.

2002 Chevy Impala Oil Pan

If the pan gasket is in fact damaged, it may be from age and mileage but generally these don’t leak too often.

Important: Do not overtighten bolts or damage to the oil pan may occur, resulting in an oil leak.

2. They did come out to my home to inspect the job they did and said it was the oil gasket they said the pan was full of oil so its the gasket. How much is the gasket fix generally?

3. Oil Pan And/or Gasket, Replace (b)

The shop will want to through in the price of the gasket, oil, and “shop Supplies”. You probably looking at around $600 – $700 + Tax.

Comments are closed.