Jan 312014

I have a stock rear end and would like to replace it with a limited slip differential rear end, can the existing rear end be removed and a oem limited slip rear end from a similar year vehicle be replaced with out modification?

  One Response to “2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab”

  1. Yes, you can swap the entire rear end form one vehicle to another of the same year, make , model without issue unless it is a 4×4, then you have to make certain the front and rear gear ratio’s are equal.

    Keep in mind that if the gear ratio is different that the speed-o-meter will not read the correct mile. Make sure the gear ratio is the same if this concerns you.

 Leave a Reply