1996 Ford Windstar LX

I have a coolant leak. I used stop leak and now radiator is empty, plus I have a congealed blob in the overflow tank. What am I looking at for repair? (Estimate dollar amount and part)

1 thought on “1996 Ford Windstar LX”

1. Sounds like you may have a large enough leak that the stop leak was unable to take care of it. You will need to actually repair the leak. In order to do that you will first need to fins out what is leaking.

when the engine is cold, fill the cooling system with water(no need to waste good coolant at this point) and then you will need to pressurize the cooling system with a pressure tester.

With pressure on the system you will be able to look around and see the water coming out. You might need to use a flash light but look under the car and where ever you see the water dripping, follow it upward to you see the exact location. once you have found it you will know what needs to be replaced or repaired. You can get free repair manual procedures right here if you need them. just follow the auto repair manuals tab to your upper left.

Comments are closed.