Mercedes Benz CLA 250 2014

Hello,

I drive a 2014 Mercedes Benz CLA 250, which I bought in January, I find a gradually worsening problem with its transmission, with poor throttle response and lumpy and jerky shifts under some hard acceleration. When I showed it to the dealer the first time, they denied finding any problems, however, they seemed to have reset the transmission and it worked, but after a few hours of driving, it went back to being erratic. I, now, also hear and feel a light metallic clunk during downshifts and it has steadily gone worse in terms of throttle response, be it in the ECO mode or Manual mode, Sport mode is ok (probably, due to the high revs, I cant very easily distinguish poor response).

I have read in reviews that the car is lazy in ECO mode, but my car shows a distinct and noticeable lag in throttle response (0.3-0.5 sec) even from stop, same with reverse, it needs a little more than a push to the pedal to get into motion. I have complained about this to different dealers, but they all deny any problems and insist that the car is functioning as designed. I didnt have any problems for the first month after purchase, so I was very happy with its performance then.

How can I determine if this is really a problem in my car, please advise? FYI, the fuel economy seems OK (25-27 mixed driving), but I believe that is because I am very light footed with the accelerator now, as it doesn’t offer any fun, driving normally. I can provide more details of the problem if needed.

Thanks,
Jay

1 thought on “Mercedes Benz CLA 250 2014”

1. The Throttle by wire system that is used to accelerate on most new vehicles today do seem to have a slower response that that of the old throttle cable setup. I myself find it lacking in performance. After driving for a while you tend to get used to its lack of response and learn to ease on the throttle as it is less noticeable.

However, If yours was not this way when you first started driving it and is now different, you would think that the manufacturer would be able to notice the difference themselves. I would drive to the dealership and test drive a BRAND NEW one and see if it acts the same as yours, if not(since yours if under warranty) go immediately to the service department and explain to them that yours does not function the way the one you just test drove does and you want yours fixed. You can refer to your test drive and ask the service manager to test drive both. Be nice to them and hopefully they will be nice in return.

Comments are closed.