2000 Chevy s10 2.2 litre

Truck just started misfiring while driving down the road and check engine light started flashing. Code reader says random/multiple cylinder misfires. I have replaced coil packs,plugs,plug wires,both O2 sensors,fuel filter that’s mounted to the frame and checked fuel injectors they all read 3.2. Nothing has worked so far don’t know what to do now?

Keywords:

3 thoughts on “2000 Chevy s10 2.2 litre”

1. clogged EGR and or catalytic converter can through this code as well.

Would love to know the exact code. P0300 is a generic multiple cylinder misfire, P0301 would be just cylinder #1. and so on.

2. P0300 is the only code it put out.Do you think it mite have something to do with the timing? I also unbolted the converter from the exhaust system and that didn’t help.do you know where the egr valve would be located from what I’ve read it may not have one on this year and model?

3. You are correct, after looking this one up it is noted that is year does not have an EGR.

If it seems to be better on first start up of the day but worse as it warms up you may be looking at a failing Ignition Control Module. The control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition. When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

The P0300 code means that a cylinder(s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are a common cause of multi-cylinder misfiring. If no leak are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs.

Possible causes from the book:
    – Faulty spark plug (s)
    – Faulty ignition coil (s)
    – Clogged or faulty fuel injector (s)
    – Intake air leak
    – Fuel injectors harness is open or shorted
    – Fuel Injectors circuit poor electrical connection
    – Ignition coils harness is open or shorted
    – Ignition coils circuit poor electrical connection
    – Insufficient cylinders compression
    – Incorrect fuel pressure

There is a TSB – Technical Service Bulletin on this issue: P0300 due to clogged fuel injectors TSB#03-06-04-030F

Comments are closed.