Nissan Skyline

I have purchased this skyline and had it all dyno tuned but when the car is cold in the morning I have to pump and pump and pump the accelerator and then when the car does start a big puff of black smoke comes out the rear. It runs rough for about 30seconds and then comes good. When driving the car under high RPM it seems to pop and miss and if I turn the car off for more than half an hour when restarting I have to pump the accelerator 5-6 times to while turning the engine over to make it start. When I spoke to someone about this they told me it sounds like a fuel injector leak as if one was leaking it would de-pressurise my fuel rail therefore dropping fuel into the motor therefore when you start it its hard to start and blows black smoke?? Just wanting a second opinion please.

Keywords:

1 thought on “Nissan Skyline”

1. What year is your vehicle?

Is this a stock engine?

Being fuel injected you should not need to “pump” the pedal. The pedal only controls the airflow, so holding at a consistent halfway or fully open should accomplish the same results. The black smoke could be because you are flooding it or from a leaking injector as well.

If the engine is modified with larger camshafts, it would also act this way and want to pop and crack when trying to hold a constant speed and run smooth on heavy acceleration.

If it is an injector leaking, after it has set over night, you should be able to pull the spark plugs and see a wet plug.

Try cycling the ignition key from on for 5 seconds to off and repeat 10 times before trying to start. If it starts easier, then you know it is fuel related as your fuel pressure is bleeding off. This could be from a leaking fuel pressure regulator or internal fuel pump leak.

Let us know what you find.

Comments are closed.