2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L base manual

I have a nasty clutch problem that has my mechanic stumped. I had to replace my master cylinder, install a clutch kit and then the slave. It is still doing the same thing it was before the parts were installed. Clutch pedal wont go to the floor, cannot adjust it to so solve the problem. Used all new perfection clutch parts, heavy duty clutch kit, new DOT4 fluid and bled many times. Everything in the transmission looks good, fork travels correctly and clutch and new parts moving right. Please help! Have had 2 ASE certified mechanics and ASE transmission guy working many hours…all are scratching their heads.

Keywords:

1 thought on “2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L base manual”

1. When we ran into this issue at our shop, we had to purchase the Clutch Master cylinder and slave cylinder as one unit that comes pre-bled (from the dealership). This took care of it. It is about impossible to bleed the system when it is already installed. I know the books say different, but this is what worked for us. You can bleed it 100 times and not get it to move as far as it needs to.

Comments are closed.