Hi, i have a 97 Audi a4 quttro 1.8t, having some issues. have about 8 codes come up P1127, P0300, P0301, 0302, P0303, P0304, P0455, P0137. the car runs rich and bogs alot especially when starting after it has ran for a minute it tends to start rough and usually die unless i give it some gas. i am assuming those codes go hand in hand with each other. i have replaced spark plugs, replaced 2 old coils, cleaned the MAF, and checked intake for leaks. At this point im sure what to do to solve this issue. Could it just be the O2 sensors?
Comments are closed.
Absolutely. Would be a good place to start. However code p0455 is separate as it is an emissions only code and will not cause a misfire. I have provided the code information below.
P1127 Audi – Long Term Fuel Trim B1 System Too Rich
– Faulty HO2S
– Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor
– High fuel pressure
– Canister purge solenoid stuck open
– HO2S harness is open or shorted
– HO2S circuit poor electrical connection
P0137 – O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
– Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
– Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
– Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
– Inappropriate fuel pressure
– Faulty fuel injectors
– Intake air leaks may be faulty
– Exhaust gas leaks
Replacing the rear O2 Sensor bank 1 usually takes care of the problem.
P0300 Audi – Random Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304 – cylinder 1,2,3,4 Misfire Detected
– Faulty spark plug (s)
– Faulty ignition coil (s)
– Clogged or faulty fuel injector (s)
– Intake air leak
– Fuel injectors harness is open or shorted
– Fuel Injectors circuit poor electrical connection
– Ignition coils harness is open or shorted
– Ignition coils circuit poor electrical connection
– Insufficient cylinders compression
– Incorrect fuel pressure
P0455 Audi – EVAP System Large Leak Detected
– Missing or loose fuel cap
– Incorrect fuel filler cap used
– Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
– Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
– EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks
– EVAP system hose leaking
– Fuel tank leaking
The P0455 it’s a very common code, because the code is set if the gas cap is loose or missing. Start by tighten the gas cap and clearing the code. In most cases the code can be clear by disconnecting the car battery for about 30 minutes.