2001 mazda 626 2.0

my car will cut in and out while i drive not all the time i have no check eng light on i have replaced the coil pac and wires i have looked at all my vacum lines and do no see a loose hose sometimes i have noticed it will idle at 1000 rpms after a long drive. it cut in and out ussaly around 40 to 55 mph. ive had a tranny guy and a mechanic look at it no one noe what it is. fuel pressure test was good and some days it doesnt do it but now its hot out side it seems to do it every drive if it cuts out meaning it will drop a rpm if i give it gas it will stop doing it

10 thoughts on “2001 mazda 626 2.0”

1. Starting to sound more like a lock up converter to me having it explained this way. Try this for me. Put it is 3rd, not overdrive or if it has a O/D button you can turn off, turn it off and drive it for a day and see if it no longer happens.

2. what do you mean a locked up converter? i have driven it recently in over drive for awhile i was up in the mountains climbing highway hills with it and ran it overdrive sometimes not for long but i do use it when i need to. but i can run it longer

3. A “lock up” converter. It is a converter that has the ability to lock and unlock.(helps with fuel mileage) When they start acting up it feels like it is going in and out at or around certain speeds. Generally around 45 to 55 like you described. This is why I suggested “Try this for me. Put it is 3rd, not overdrive or if it has a O/D button you can turn off, turn it off and drive it for a day and see if it no longer happens.” Just trying to help rule some things out.

4. last time i drove the car with the overdrive off it did help the car went 400 miles without doing it

5. i drove the car today with over drive off i cant drive in 3rd i have 1st 2nd and drive. the car did cut in and out a few times it was better today but then again it doesnt always do it and some times its worst then other days

6. If it does this when trying to stay around a steady speed or between shifts it may be transmission related. If it seems more under heavy acceleration, I would lean more to a coil pack going out. The problem with the coil packs going out is it can be expensive to replace them all. The good news is, if you wait for it to get more consistent, the check engine light will come on and the code will pin point which cylinder it is. This will save you some money by only replacing the one that is needed.

7. the last person told me the coil pac which i replaced it. its bran new same with my wires and plugs a full tune up it didnt work.. this has been going on for months and its when its at a steady speed every time

8. If it does this when trying to stay around a steady speed or between shifts it may be transmission related.

You may want to try some shudder fix. its less than $10 and you just add it right to the transmission fluid. Worth a try to see if it will take care of it.
    Follow image for more Details…

Comments are closed.