1999 Dodge Durango SLT

I just replaced spark plugs and wires, distributor cap, rotor button, pickup module, throttle position sensor, relays, fuel pump and finally the pcm after learning of the design flaw that causes them to overheat repeatedly. After driving for  about 30 mins all the gauges in the dash stopped working, the ABS light, air bag  and gas light came on and the engine was still running. When I pressed the gas pedal it would sputter (work, then not work) repeatedly like it was getting gas and then not getting any and I had 3/4 tank of gas. Got home and I could smell gas fumes on driver side. A friend took a look and said the fuel line clip is loose. I don’t know if all of these problems are due to the fuel line issue or if the new pcm I just spent $400 on is faulty. Please help.

Keywords:

2 thoughts on “1999 Dodge Durango SLT”

1. First thing to do would be to fix the fuel leak. Fuel leaks can be dangerous. This should take care of the engine sputtering and running rough. Fuel leaking would cause low fuel pressure at the injectors and make the engine run just as you described. Once that is fixed test drive it and see how it does. When the ABS light and Air bag lights come on, it just means that system is not going to work and they have nothing to do with the engine running good or not.

Comments are closed.