cb125e motorcycle carburetor problem

I recently had an accident on my motorcycle where it landed on it’s side and slid under a barrier. I restarted the bike and rode it home.
The next morning the bike would hardly idle. Any amount of throttle and it would stall. There is also a small amount of white mist in the exhaust whenever the engine turns over (exhaust smells heavily of petrol). I assume this is a carburetor problem. What does this problem seem to be? Is there a way to fix it? Or might I need a new carby?

1 thought on “cb125e motorcycle carburetor problem”

1. This is common when the float sticks allowing the float needle valve to stay open allowing the fuel to keep flowing in. What happens when you park it is the fuel will come out the overflow tube or flow into the crank case. So what you will want to do is change the oil as it is most likely contaminated and overfilled now. Then use the handle end of a screw driver and band on the side of the carburetor float bowl and few times and then test it out to see if it is still sticking or not. If it is still sticking, you make need to remove the carburetor float bowl and clean it out. No replacement should be needed.

Comments are closed.