Ford F550 Super Duty

Ford F550Description of Problem: Hi, I work for a power line construction company, they lent me a diesel rig for the weekend while my personal one is getting work done. I tried to start the engine a little too soon without letting the coils heat up. Then it made a solid thunk, and wont turn over. Should I wait a couple hours and try again? Its possible I’ve just flooded the engine, but I really am not sure what to do. I don’t have a voltmeter or jumper cables. I tried to turn the starter after waiting with the key in the ignition and the coil light turned off with no luck. I am on a slight hillside and could get it in reverse and roll backward while trying to start it… What are your thoughts as to the simplest way I can approach this problem? I am letting it rest for the evening and have tomorrow to trouble shoot. need to arrive at work at 5:30am Monday, so any advice you can impart tonight/tomorrow (10-11-15) would be most appreciated. Finances are tight as I just started with this company and don’t want to bother the company mechanic if I can avoid it. But I would totally provide a donation if I could! Thanks !!

Keywords:

1 thought on “Ford F550 Super Duty”

Comments are closed.