Reset Oil Change Light 2009 Chevy Tahoe

2003-Chevy Tahoe
I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. After changing the oil, tire kingdom forgot to reset oil change light also know as the oil life indicator light. They told me how to reset it by turn on the power and pumping the gas pedal four times. A message came up by I cant remember what it said. I turned the car off and didn’t use it til the next day. When I started the Tahoe I had to give it gas to keep it running. I went to leave but it was running really bad acting like it wanted to shut off. When I was stopped I had to rev it up to keep it running. What could be wrong and does it have to do with me resetting the oil light?

RESPONSE
Having to reset oil change light is a non intrusive procedure that should bear no effect on the drivability of the engine whatsoever. The procedure simple resets the oil change indicator light.

reset oil change light

How to reset oil change light

1.  To reset engine oil life monitor and turn odd CHANGE OIL light (or message), turn ignition to ON position with the engine off.
  2. Depress accelerator pedal to wide open throttle 3 times within 5 seconds.
  3. Turn ignition to LOCK/OFF
  4. If light (or message) does not turn off, turn ignition OFF and repeat procedure.