I have a 2003 Hyundai Sonata that when I drive it I hear a thumping…
Having problem with my heater controls inside my car but the AC doesn’t work with the controls either. So I’m thinking its a short in the dashboard control panel switches but wanted to make sure before I pull the dash apart.
I am thinking if it doesn’t blow air out the dash at all on any speed setting that you have a possible blower motor issue (check the “blower fuse” located in the under hood fuse block). Only blows on High speed would be a blower motor resistor issue. Stuck on hot or cold would be an actuator issue. Stuck on defrost/dash/floor would also be an actuator issue. No signal going tot he actuators would be a control panel issue. If you decide to dig into the dash these instructions may help save you a little time.
Control Panel Removal & Installation
- Remove the front console cover.
- Remove the screw, and detach the clips.
- Disconnect the following items to remove the center fascia panel (A).
- Hazard warning lamp connector (B).
- Rear defroster connector (D).
- Windshield deicer connector (C).
- Front fog lamp connector (E).
- Remove the audio assembly.
- Loosen the screws.
- Remove the heater control unit (A).
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Make sure all the connectors are plugged in properly.