Will not crank 2006 Mazda 6

Will not start Mazda 6I have a 2006 Mazda 6 V6. The car will not crank. New Battery, Starter is good, as well as the alternator. When I try and start the car, there is no click to the starter/solenoid at all. I thought it might be the starter relay but those are fine as well, as they work in other spots. When I try and start the car with the lights on, the headlights do not dim. What could the issue be?

RESPONSE

Could be a wiring issue. Could be one of the two starter relays, yes there are two. Could be the 15 amp meter fuse or one of the two key fuses or the main 120 amp fuse.

• Confirm you have battery negative at the starter assembly
  • Check for battery positive at the “S” terminal on the starter while someone holds the ignition key in the “START” position
  • If both battery positive and negative are found, replace the starter
  • If battery positive or negative are not found, check fuses and relays and then the wiring itself

2006 Mazda 6 3.0 V6 Starting system wiring diagram

2006-mazda-6-3.0-engine-starting-charging-starting-circuit-1-of-1

1 thought on “Will not crank 2006 Mazda 6”

1. Have 2006 mazda 6, in july it would not crank or start waited a bit and it started. I could jiggle the key and it would start. Today it wont do anything. I’m stuck and have no idea. Has a brand new battery was told starter and alternator is good. I’m at a complete loss

Comments are closed.