No a/c or heat – Cadillac Blower Motor
The most common reason would be the Cadillac blower motor has failed or power is unable to reach the blower motor from a failed blower motor resistor. Check for battery positive and negative at the blower motor electrical plug(2).
Cadillac Blower Motor and Fan Replacement
- Remove the right side sound insulator.
- Pull back the carpet near the blower motor.
Remove the IP compartment.
- Remove the dash integration module from the bracket.
- Remove the two rear dash integration module bracket fasteners.
- Re-position the dash integration module bracket in order to remove the blower motor.
Disconnect the electrical connector (2) from the Cadillac blower motor.
- Remove the blower motor retaining fasteners (1).
- Rotate and remove the blower motor from the vehicle.
Install the blower motor into the Cadillac blower motor housing.
- Ensure that the blower motor gasket is properly aligned.
- Install the blower motor retaining fasteners (1).
Caution! Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
Tighten the blower motor fasteners to 1.4 N·m (12 lb in).
- Connect the electrical connector (2) to the blower motor.
Re-position the dash integration module bracket to its original position.
- Install the 2 rear dash integration module bracket fasteners.
- Install the dash integration module.
- Install the IP compartment.
- Re-position the carpet.
- Install the right side sound insulator.