IOD Fuse 2005 Dodge Stratus sxt

2005 Dodge StratusInstalling a new stereo in my 2005 Dodge Stratus sxt that has power to insert and eject the CD player but no power to the rest of the radio. I replaced the radio fuse but can’t find the IOD fuse. Can you tell me exactly where it’s located and if there is anything else that could’ve caused this?

RESPONSE

If this is an aftermarket stereo you will need to refer tot he manufacturers installation instructions. If your interior lights come on when you open the door the fuse should be good.

This IOD or “Ignition Off Draw” fuse is used during assembly line work, and when vehicles are in storage on dealer lots to prevent battery going dead.

It is recommended if vehicle sits unused for a period of time, say for more than 10 days or so, that you pull it to shut off parasitic drain to the battery. The down side is you will lose radio presets, but it will protect charge in the battery. All you have to do is press black clips to raise fuse out of holder, do not attempt to completely remove it.

It’s in the PDC (Power Distribution Center) block in the trunk. Pop the cover, and it’s the big fuse (60 A) at the top – right beside where the positive lead come in.

There are two small, white tabs along the edge of it. Push down on those, and the fuse pops up. Don’t remove it though..just pop it up…..Your trunk light will go out, as well as your interior lights (along with compass reading, etc.).

2 thoughts on “IOD Fuse 2005 Dodge Stratus sxt”

1. Need an image I have tore the care apart replast radio and touched wires together now no ac , no power widows but radio sure sounds great please help my keester out of a jam!!!!!

Comments are closed.