The blower motor in my 2008 Chevy impala 3.5 engine cuts out completely. A few swift kicks under the glove box usually gets it going again. There are no strange noises,
all speeds work, and the temperature adjusts as it should.
- Check the connections at the blower motor
- Confirm battery negative and positive when the blower is not working
- Replace blower motor
The kicking under the dash is probably enough to jar the internal brushes in the motor just enough to get it to make sufficient contact. This allows the motor to operate until the next time. Replacing the blower motor would be the fix.
2008 Chevy impala Blower Motor Replacement
- Remove the right closeout insulator.
- Disconnect the blower motor electrical connector.
- Push Pin Retainer (Qty: 2)
Remove the courtesy lamp, if equipped.