'02 Saturn Vue (V6/AWD/5 Spd AT). Scanned ECM, TCM, BCM, SDM & EPS for codes. One code found U1096 with Service Wrench light illuminated (Lost communication with IPC). IPC Connector resistance to ground (B4) is less than 1 ohm and IPC Connector voltage (B2) is…
quits running while driving but starts back. Could it be the crankshaft position sensor?
This could be from a loose electrical connection. This could be from a faulty or failing engine sensor. Or could be from a failing ignition control module. The most common for this engine would be the crankshaft position sensor.
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement 2002 Saturn Vue 2.2L engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
|•||Engine Harness Connection (1)|
|•||Battery Feed (2)|
|•||Starter Motor (3)|
|•||Starter Solenoid (4)|
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the 2 starter solenoid harness connector attachment nuts.
- Remove the lower starter assembly to the engine block bolt.
- Remove the upper starter assembly to the engine block bolt.
- Move the starter right to clear the engine block, then left to remove the starter from the flywheel housing.
- Disconnect the CKP Sensor harness connector.
- Remove the CKP sensor attachment bolt and remove the CKP sensor.