The motor is a 5.0 fuel injection. It runs like a motor that has a…
I have a 2000 ford explorer XLT. I’ve been having issues where my remote does not unlock all of the doors, in fact the switches inside the vehicle sometimes doesn’t unlock all the doors. Sometimes the doors unlock but sometimes the drivers side front door and passenger side front door do not unlock. I replaced the door lock actuator in the drivers side door a few months ago b/c I thought it would fix the problem. I’m still having the issue. Also, the keypad which allows you to unlock the door seems to want to work (it makes a noise when i press the code) but it doesn’t unlock anything. Any thoughts?
The good news is the door locks circuit isn’t to complicated. That means there isn’t to many things that you need to look at. I have attached the door locks wiring diagram below for visual reference. Looking at the diagram you can see there is only one fuse. You know the fuse is good or it wouldn’t work at all. Next you will see three relays. This is where I believe your problem is. When a relay starts to fail it will sometimes work and sometimes not. Same as what you are describing. Next would be the door switches and finally the door lock actuators. And of course the wiring harness in between.
Since your door locks seem to be able to lock just fine, I would start with the door unlock relay.
Door Locks Wiring Diagram 2000 Ford Explorer2000-ford-explorer-door-locks-1-of-1
If you are trying to use a new or replacement remote you may need to program the remote.
Programming Remote 2000 Ford Explorer
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) are programmable and must be set at the same time.
NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the RAP module, perform the following steps:
- Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
- Turn the ignition switch (11572) from OFF to RUN eight times within ten seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.
- Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.
- If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Diagnosis and Testing.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one last time to confirm.