the odometer and heater dont work, why?
power steering pump mounting/adjustment bolt locations
Drive Belt Adjustment 1974 Mercedes1974-mercedes-450L-belts-adjustment
Many types of power steering pumps are used on Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Use only the instructions that apply to your vehicle. See Chapter 1 for procedures to loosen or adjust power steering pump drive belt.
- Remove the wing nut on the reservoir and remove the cover, spring, and damping plate.
- Suck the fluid from the reservoir with a syringe.
- Loosen the hose on the pump and plug both pump and hose.
- On pumps with the reservoir attached, loosen the return hose and plug it.
- On other types, loosen the connecting hose from the reservoir to the pump.
- Remove the radiator.
- Remove the nut from the pulley shaft. On pumps with cylindrical shafts, remove the pulley.
- On pumps with tapered shafts, pull the pulley from the shaft with a jaw type puller.
- Unscrew both front mounting bolts.
- Remove the rear mounting bolt with spacer.
- Remove the pump from the mounting bracket.
- On all 4 cylinder models, remove the screws between the pump housing and the bracket. Remove the pump and pulley.
- Installation, in all cases, is the reverse of removal.
- Remove the nut from the supply tank.
- Remove the spring and damping plate.
- Drain the oil from the tank with a syringe.
- Loosen and remove the expanding and return hoses from the pump. Plug all connections and pump openings.
- If necessary for clearance, loosen the radiator shell. Loosen the mounting bolts, and move the pump toward the engine by using the toothed wheel. Remove the belt. Remove the pulley, and then remove the pump.
- Loosen the nut on the attaching plate and the bolt on the support.
- Push the pump toward the engine and remove the belts from the pulley.
- Unscrew the mounting bolts and remove the pump and carrier.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.