Is there anything that would cause a battery 2 go totally dead, can’t get a charge.
Number one cause would be leaving a light on. This can be done by not shutting the trunk,glove box or door securely. Could have left a charge cord plugged in too long. But most likely there is an internal short in the factory battery. I have found that factory batteries do not tend to last as long as they should. Once the battery goes completely flat it takes a lot of encouragement from a low amperage battery charger. The low amperage charger will need to be left on for a couple of days or longer. Trying to jump start the car is not a good option on a completely flat battery. I recommend replacing the battery and then having the alternator tested to be on the safe side. Of course checking to make sure anything left plugged in should be checked so this doesn’t happen again.
Use A Low Amperage Battery Charger
- Meet the GENIUS1 – Similar to our G750, just better. It’s 35% smaller and delivers over 35% more power. It’s the all-in-one universal charging solution – battery charger, battery maintainer, trickle charger, float charger, plus battery desulfator.
- Do more with Genius – Designed for 6-volt and 12-volt sealed lead-acid automotive, marine, RV, powersport, and deep-cycle batteries, including flooded, gel, AGM, SLA, VRLA and maintenance-free, plus lithium-ion batteries (lifepo4).
- Enjoy precision charging – An integrated digital thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot climates and under-charging in cold climates.
- Charge dead batteries – Charges batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new force mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging dead batteries down to zero volts.
- Restore your battery – An advanced battery repair mode uses slow pulse reconditioner technology to detect battery sulfation and acid stratification to restore lost battery performance for stronger engine starts and extended battery life.
- Beyond maintenance – It’s not just a battery trickle charger, it’s an advanced battery charger maintainer. A fully-automatic, worry-free smart battery charger for everyday use – 24/7 – with zero overcharge.
- Compatible with all types of gas and diesel vehicles – Charge and maintain cars, automobiles, motorcycles, dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds, lawn mowers, ATVs, UTVs, tractors, trucks, SUVs, RVs, campers, trailers, boats, PWCs, jet skis, snowmobiles, golf carts, classic cars, and more.