motor stops running an says starting disabled, wait 2 min. and then it will restart
Generally the dash will display ” Starting Disabled” when the anti-theft has been activated. Since your engine is already running and then dies I wouldn’t think it is anti-theft related. Sometimes after a battery has been changed or a vehicles battery has been jumped a relearn procedure needs to be performed. Research shows in most cases the issue has turned out to be related to a failing crank sensor.
- With a master PASS-Key III key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
- Observe the STARTING DISABLED DUE TO THEFT message on the driver information center (DIC), after approximately 10 minutes the STARTING DISABLED DUE TO THEFT message on the DIC will turn off.
- Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
- Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes .
- With a master PASS-Key III key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the PCM has now learned the fuel continue password. IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.